[aur-general] Attempt to upload llvm35 to AUR gets rejected

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 07:49:52 UTC 2018

LoneVVolf wrote:
> AUR has llvm33 , llvm38, llvm39, llvm4 and llvm 5 . Maybe your packages
> can use one of those ?

LLVM 3.5 is the last version which still has the old JIT backend,
which is what Pure still needs right now. LLVM 3.4 would work just as
well, but that's not available in the AUR, and LLVM 3.3 is 2 years
older than 3.5, so I'd rather not use it if I can avoid it.

You might ask why I've not updated Pure to the new JIT yet. In fact,
that has been on my TODO list for a long time, but I've been busy with
other projects, and it's not straightforward because Pure needs the
ability to recompile a function on the spot, which the new MCJIT
doesn't offer any more, so I'll have to rewrite Pure's entire code
generator for the MCJIT.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af