[aur-general] I'm wonder is there any tool to list TU's workload?

Thorsten Toepper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Sun Aug 19 22:14:09 UTC 2018

On 8/18/18 3:30 AM, Daniel YC Lin via aur-general wrote:
> I guest the TU's workload may be calculated by
> a. How many packages which he owns.
> b. How many commits during a past year
> c. How many bugs required to solved?
>
> To print out by graph maybe interesting.
> These may be calculated by some SQL if owned the access permission of
> database.
> For person without permission may pull the packages and bugs listing and
> git log to get that picture

What for Daniel? Being a TU is more than just dealing with packages in
[community] and closing tickets in the bug tracker. There's the
management of the AUR, keeping track of upstream changes in the projects
which releases one packages and engagement in these communities aside
from our own. And even then things varies as someone may not be engaged
so much in the international communication channels but spend more time
in the ones of their native language.

The workload varies a lot and is nothing that can be measured. Just by
following how many packages are handled by one TU and compared to the
number somebody else handles doesn't give a realistic statement of the
actual workload those two persons have and the time they voluntarily
invest here. There are packages for which it only takes a couple of
minutes to build and test and there are packages which cost a whole
afternoon to fully take care of.

Also unlike a student who can probably check what's going on multiple
times spread over the day, a working parent may invest less time and
only check every few evenings with a larger response time and that's
perfectly fine.

Best Regards,
Thorsten