[aur-general] Help with python-magic-wormhole PKGBUILD

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 10 17:15:30 UTC 2018

On 12/10/18 11:54 AM, Storm Dragon via aur-general wrote:
> So just to make sure, this all boils down to, this shouldn't be a split
> package, and the probablem with taholafs should be solved by that
> package maintainer instead of depending on me? Would it be ok to unsplit
> the package and go back to a python3 only distribution now?

If taholafs requires the ability to "import wormhole" in a python2
program, then it is fine to provide a split package.

However, the split python2 package should only contain the library
module, and should rm -rf "${pkgdir}"/usr/bin

Is taholafs not in the AUR? There are no AUR packages which depend on
magic-wormhole, and I cannot find anything when searching for "taholafs".

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User