[aur-general] TU application: Daurnimator

Daurnimator quae at daurnimator.com
Tue Dec 11 20:40:42 UTC 2018

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 at 12:25, Ivy Foster via aur-general
<aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Looking at arcan, why do you break it up into so many different
> sub-packages? I understand that they provide different tools, but
> typically Arch just packages toolsuites together unless there's a
> compelling reason to separate some of them.

arcan is a display server/protocol like x11 or wayland.

The upstream releases include demo programs and misc tools.
IMO including them all in one package would be like including xeyes in
the xorg-server package: very few users would find it useful.
Other pieces like arcan-acfgfs bring in dependencies (in this example:
fuse3) that are not necessary for the protocol as a whole.

> Also, libarena has https sources/url available.

Will update.