[aur-general] TU application: Daurnimator

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 17 07:23:25 UTC 2018

On 17/12/2018 07.53, Daurnimator wrote:
> I was told that there were no TUs with much Lua experience, and that
> it would be nice to have a trusted user to review Lua changes/packages
> with knowledge and care of the Lua community.
> This would reduce the phenomenon of the "Absentee business owner"

And I stand by my opinion. It's ridiculous to think that one person,
even if member of GitHub organization (which may or may not mean
anything), can single-handedly affect decision of either project. It's
difficult even here at Arch, and we are one of smaller teams.

I fail to understand how discussion got where it is now. Is sponsorship
process about packaging quality and candidate in general or pushing some
agenda through projects that applicant is helping with?

Bartłomiej