[aur-general] aur-out-of-date: determine out-of-date AUR packages w.r.t. upstream

Simon Doppler dopsi at dopsi.ch
Thu Feb 1 22:52:11 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 03:36:28PM -0500, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> [...]
> Well, lots of people already do this, via urlwatch or pkgbuild-urlwatch.
> I think the idea was supposed to be, finding a way to do this without
> introducing complex tricks that need to be manually added to the
> PKGBUILD and then fragilely parsed.
>
> --
> Eli Schwartz
> Bug Wrangler and Trusted User

Repology[1] has taken the approach of comparing the versions in various
repositories (as well as some other sources like PyPi).

Their parser collection[2] could maybe be a source of inspiration.

[1] https://repology.org/
[2] https://github.com/repology/repology/tree/master/repology/parsers

--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)
E: dopsi at dopsi.ch
AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/account/dopsi
GitHub: https://github.com/dopsi
PGP: DE9F 7688 CACF 04FE B81A 6C59 0AEE C907 55DA 7B5A