[aur-general] TU application: Ivy Foster

Ivy Foster iff at escondida.tk
Thu Feb 1 23:40:57 UTC 2018

On 01 Feb 2018, at  8:29  +0100, Levente Polyak via aur-general wrote:
> On January 30, 2018 11:37:42 PM GMT+01:00, Ivy Foster <iff at escondida.tk> wrote:
> >I'll have some time free tomorrow to get you a proper answer and/or
> >fix; for now, I'm just letting you know I got your email!

> Hey, any news from respecting LDFLAGS and if needed just purge parts of it?
> I'm specially interested in seeing full relro.

Hey, Levente. Sorry for the delay!

For cgo, since upstream pulled in the patches I submitted, LDFLAGS are
properly picked up and we have full relro.

libbulletml was a bit tougher. I wound up throwing out Debian's
patches to upstream's Makefile and just rewriting the Makefile from
scratch. Hopefully either Debian or the dev will be interested in
accepting the new Makefile; until word comes back, it's [in the AUR
git repo][1]. This also grants full relro.

I've yet to run checksec on my other packages, but intend to do so.
I'm not sure yet what to do about some of its feedback, notably
thinking that some binaries aren't ELF files (so no PIE feedback
given) or the number of unfortified...things.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Ivy

[1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=libbulletml