[aur-general] TU for moving DDNet to community?

Alad Wenter alad at mailbox.org
Sat Feb 10 15:04:08 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 11:58:57AM -0200, Rafael Fontenelle wrote:
> <aur-general at archlinux.org>:
> > It has 5 votes on AUR, so it doesn't look very popular on Arch. Typical
> > guideline is at least 10 before uploading something to [community].
> >
> > Alad
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it is a soft requirement (i.e.
> could be ignored by the TU, if he/she wants to adopt it), reason why I
> sent this email.   But Eli Schwartz got a point: with -git package's
> vote it has more than 10 :-)

In the case of less than 10 votes it has to be sent to this mailing
list, _and_ be approved by three other TUs.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines#Rules_for_Packages_Entering_the_.5Bcommunity.5D_Repo

Whether this always happens in practice is a different question, since
the above article is part of the ArchWiki and not the TU Bylaws. I like
to think people follow this practice where they can anyway.

I'd say counting -git packages for the votes is a bit of a stretch, but
for those prefer doing so, be my guest.

Alad