[aur-general] TU (re-)Application

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 12 22:15:49 UTC 2018

On 02/12/2018 05:04 PM, Brad Fanella via aur-general wrote:
> Turns out that since my application, Antonio Rojas has stepped up to the
> plate and updated MATE to version 1.20.0, so props to him! The whole
> group is still orphaned though, so I would plan on pushing out future
> updates when they come. There are no glaring holes in [community] right
> now, which is fantastic; most of the other orphans are small utilities
> and libraries with infrequent/discontinued releases, like cd-discid and
> imlib (version 1).

arojas does quite a lot of updating for orphaned packages like that. :)
He was updating Cinnamon as well, until I applied, and he was very
straightforward with me about "it would be great if someone who actually
uses the packages could maintain it since all I do is bump the pkgver
and try to see if it builds".

> Perhaps there are some packages that are becoming a burden on other TUs,
> or AUR packages that deserve a spot in the official repos. Maybe you
> have some recommendations?

I thought the idea here was to see what you are interested in, not what
I'm interested in. :p

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User