[aur-general] TU (re-)Application

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Tue Feb 13 13:54:52 UTC 2018

On 02/12/18 at 05:15pm, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> On 02/12/2018 05:04 PM, Brad Fanella via aur-general wrote:
> > Turns out that since my application, Antonio Rojas has stepped up to the
> > plate and updated MATE to version 1.20.0, so props to him! The whole
> > group is still orphaned though, so I would plan on pushing out future
> > updates when they come. There are no glaring holes in [community] right
> > now, which is fantastic; most of the other orphans are small utilities
> > and libraries with infrequent/discontinued releases, like cd-discid and
> > imlib (version 1).
>
> arojas does quite a lot of updating for orphaned packages like that. :)
> He was updating Cinnamon as well, until I applied, and he was very
> straightforward with me about "it would be great if someone who actually
> uses the packages could maintain it since all I do is bump the pkgver
> and try to see if it builds".

This is awesome, but we should have no issues with co-maintaining more
packages. Other packages mind be busy, on vacation, to update their
packages.

> > Perhaps there are some packages that are becoming a burden on other TUs,
> > or AUR packages that deserve a spot in the official repos. Maybe you
> > have some recommendations?
>
> I thought the idea here was to see what you are interested in, not what
> I'm interested in. :p

Would be indeed, nice to hear what your background is and what sort of
packages you would like to maintain and have experience with :)

--
Jelle van der Waa