[aur-general] acroread package compromised

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Mon Jul 9 15:10:02 UTC 2018

On 07/09/2018 04:37 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general wrote:
> Hi Bennet,
>
> This would be a warning for what exactly? That orphaned packages can
> be adopted by anyone? That we have a big bold disclaimer on the front
> page of the AUR clearly stating that you should use any content at
> your own risk?

No, that people should check what they install.
A script that creates `compromised.txt` in the root and all home folders
looks like a warning to me.

I agree with you and Ben Oliver, people should expect this.
I wasn't saying that I was surprised about it.

Cheers,
Bennett

--
GPG fingerprint: 871F 1047 7DB3 DDED 5FC4 47B2 26C7 E577 EF96 7808