[aur-general] TU application -- Santiago Torres-Arias

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Jul 27 06:50:37 UTC 2018

On 07/22/2018 03:35 PM, Santiago Torres-Arias via aur-general wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Formalities first, Christian Rebischke (Shibumi) is sponsoring my application,
> although I'd like to thank so many people for their feedback, help, guidance
> and counsel in all-things-Arch*.

Apologies for being somewhat late with the ztrawchse review.

argon2-git:
- CC-0 is, apparently, not common enough to be in the licenses package.
  As such, the license should be marked as 'custom:CC-0' and installed
  to /usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/
  see how core/argon2 does this

git-latexdiff:
- unquoted srcdir/pkgdir
- license is not, in fact, GPL
- the source file has a unique name, but then you told makepkg to rename
  it to something non-unique. I.. must admit this is new to me...

in-toto:
- sources seem to come with a testsuite, this should be run in a check()
  function

python-securesystemslib:
- the check() function does not accept depends, this is broken
- multiple depends are deleted and overridden in the package() function
- empty optdepends array can be deleted
- tox doesn't really test what needs testing, code should be tested
  using the native testsuite hooked up to the packaged system
  dependencies
- license is the literal file (rather than a file within the directory
  of this name): /usr/share/licenses/python-securesystemslib

reprotest:
- multiple depends are deleted and overridden in the package() function
- optdepends could use description of what additional functionality they
  provide when installed

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User