[aur-general] TU Application - Robin Broda

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Fri Mar 2 16:16:52 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm Robin 'coderobe' Broda, born in '99, and I'm writing to become a
Trusted User.
I've been an Arch user since ~2014, using it on several devices
including most of my servers. I'm more or less active on IRC, very
interested in open-source development[0], federated networks, &
reproducible builds - and would like to increase the amount of
reproducible packages in Arch.
I maintain a couple of PKGBUILDs in the AUR and I'm looking to adopt
more[2].

Eli Schwartz has agreed to sponsor my application.

After becoming a TU, I'd like to look into promoting a couple of
packages from the AUR over time, including but not limited to
`rutorrent`, `psensor`, `glava` (currently `glava-git`, waiting for
tagged releases), `gtkhash`, `streem`, & `polybar` - assuming that no
issues preventing the packaging (& inclusion in the repos) turn up and
the popularity/votes are high enough to warrant inclusion.
I would also like to potentially tackle some of the TODOs[1].
As mentioned earlier, I also plan to look into reproducibility issues
and improving the infrastructure around reproducible builds (and the
verification thereof).

I'm available on IRC with the username 'coderobe' (Freenode), on
Matrix[3] (@coderobe:cdr.li), and via e-mail - should you have questions
about anything. My timezone is UTC+1.

Thank you for considering.

Regards,