[aur-general] TU Application - Robin Broda

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Fri Mar 2 19:09:32 UTC 2018

On 03/02/2018 06:17 PM, Levente Polyak via aur-general wrote:

> On 03/02/2018 05:16 PM, Robin Broda via aur-general wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm Robin 'coderobe' Broda, born in '99, and I'm writing to become a
>> Trusted User.
> Hi Robin,
>
> good luck.
Thanks!
> You can already start helping with reproducible build stuff,
> feel free to ask for advice in #archlinux-reproducible we have toolchain
> to be extended and bugs filed against upstream.
>
> find some notes related to your packages:
>
> streem + streem-git
> - They don't honor existing CFLAGS and LDFLAGS (later at all).
>   For now, you can fix both with a small sed command but i recommend
>   bringing this issue upstream as a easy PR.
>   Always checking for respect of those flags is important.
Fixed & patch submitted upstream.
> - If you touch the Makefile anyway maybe a install target with
>   respecting PREFIX and DESTDIR would make sense.
I'm considering it. Right now there's no install target at all, and i
don't think the maintainer has an idea about which files to install and
where even. I'll keep an eye on further development either way and i'll
submit a patch should a future install target not respect PREFIX and/or
DESTDIR.
> indicator-sysmonitor
> - 80.patch is not a unique file name per se, this is important for
>   shared srcdir setups. a prefix using the $pkgname should be better.
Good point. Done.
> - /usr/bin/indicator-sysmonitor invokes stuff and imports py files
>   provided in usr/lib. This can result in untracked file creations
>   if the application is run as root. cache files should be created
>   before packaging, but this should also be possible solved upstream
>   for the make install call
I'm not really sure how to fix that, i'm not that familiar with python
and its cache generation.
> - sysmonitor-budgie-git and sysmonitor-appindicator-git should
>   also provide their own non-git variants to possibly satisfy
>   sysmonitor-budgie or sysmonitor-appindicator instead of the
>   general shared indicator-sysmonitor provides.
> - just style, but in package() instead of pkgdesc="${pkgdesc}
>   you can also simply use pkgdesc+="
Fixed!
> glava
> - seems to work/build just fine with non-git glfw-x11, is the -git
>   required?
You're right. I was under the impression glava used a couple of features
that weren't yet included in the release build. Fixed.
> - LDFLAGS is not properly handled in Makefile leading to non -znow
>   (and other flags) linking. should be temporarily fixed in PKGBUILD
>   and possibly a patch submited upstream.
Fixed & submitted a patch.
> daemontools-encore
> - quite weird Makefile with their conf-cc and print-cc.sh calls,
>   anyway does not respect CFLAGS and LDFLAGS at all. should be fixed.
After figuring out the flow i've added two patches to the package that
address this.
>   This Makefile made me giggle :D
Yeah their "build system" certainly is uh, special - to say the least.

> cheers,
> Levente
Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,