[aur-general] TU Application - Robin Broda

Nico nicohood at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 3 22:50:27 UTC 2018

On 03/02/2018 05:16 PM, Robin Broda via aur-general wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Robin 'coderobe' Broda, born in '99, and I'm writing to become a
> Trusted User.
> I've been an Arch user since ~2014, using it on several devices
> including most of my servers. I'm more or less active on IRC, very
> interested in open-source development[0], federated networks, &
> reproducible builds - and would like to increase the amount of
> reproducible packages in Arch.
> I maintain a couple of PKGBUILDs in the AUR and I'm looking to adopt
> more[2].
>
> Eli Schwartz has agreed to sponsor my application.
>
> After becoming a TU, I'd like to look into promoting a couple of
> packages from the AUR over time, including but not limited to
> `rutorrent`, `psensor`, `glava` (currently `glava-git`, waiting for
> tagged releases), `gtkhash`, `streem`, & `polybar` - assuming that no
> issues preventing the packaging (& inclusion in the repos) turn up and
> the popularity/votes are high enough to warrant inclusion.
> I would also like to potentially tackle some of the TODOs[1].
> As mentioned earlier, I also plan to look into reproducibility issues
> and improving the infrastructure around reproducible builds (and the
> verification thereof).
>
> I'm available on IRC with the username 'coderobe' (Freenode), on
> Matrix[3] (@coderobe:cdr.li), and via e-mail - should you have questions
> about anything. My timezone is UTC+1.
>
> Thank you for considering.
>
> Regards,
> Rob
>
> [0] https://github.com/coderobe
> [1] https://www.archlinux.org/todo/
> [2]
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=M&K=coderobe&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go
> [3] https://matrix.org/

Hi Robin,

I might be wrong, but dont we require to have at least 10 votes on AUR
to move a package to [community]? In this case none of your packges has
more than 6 votes at the time of writing this. There is also a rule
about >=1% popularity on pkgstats, but it seems every package has at
least 1%? Or does this TU application count as a proposol on which 3 TUs
must aggree?

Are those rules even up to date? This is somehow offtopic, the TU
application just made me wonder about it. To me it looks like those
rules are outdated and in the end everyone can move whatever they want
to [community].

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines

~Nico