[aur-general] TU Membership Application

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 5 19:32:23 UTC 2018

On 11/5/18 1:48 PM, Levente Polyak via aur-general wrote:
> gnome-xcf-thumbnailer
> - prepare() shall never package into $pkgdir

That's a write error, makepkg explicitly runs chmod on "${pkgdir}" in
order to strip read/write permissions and forbid you from touching it
before package() is run:
https://git.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/scripts/makepkg.sh.in#n1679

Actually, come to think of it, if you try touching "${pkgdir}" during
prepare() then it won't exist yet, and then after prepare() does its
thing we forcibly remove the directory anyway, recreate it, and set the
restrictive permissions. I wonder if it's a bug that we don't error out
harder on this...

But depending on whether/how makepkg errors in the previous makepkg
attempt, this directory will still exist and it will indeed be chmod
a-rw at the time prepare is executed.

The rest of the time, install -d has hidden the fact that the directory
simply does not exist at all.

Either way, this file is definitely not being packaged.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User