[aur-general] TU application: Maxim Baz

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:24:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

I didn’t read everything yet because I lack the time for this, but…

Le 06/11/2018 à 02:13, Levente Polyak via aur-general a écrit :
> Hi Maxim,
>
> On 11/6/18 1:05 AM, Maxim Baz via aur-general wrote:
>>> You might want to use go-pie btw, to actually have PIE support
>>>
>>> browserpass W: ELF file ('usr/bin/browserpass') lacks FULL RELRO, check LDFLAGS.
>>> browserpass W: ELF file ('usr/bin/browserpass') lacks PIE.
>> Nice, will investigate this.
> well replace go with go-pie is all you can do there, you can't (yet) fix
> RELRO for go :/

is wrong. We have managed to do that in cozy-stack, gitea and
matterbridge to only cite a few (also in mattermost, but the
corresponding code is not committed anywhere since this is an AUR
package not maintained by one of us).

We should update Go guidelines to tell about this and also trimming the
path (since the bug with it seems to have vanished somehow). *starts a
Foxboron invocation ritual*

Regards,
Bruno