[aur-general] [solved] PKGBUILD git remote branch issue

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 7 15:32:54 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 10:08 -0500, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> But the PKGBUILD is at least getting the correct version of the gtk3
> branch, unlike you --- in other words, the #branch=gtk3 notation is
> designed to accurately do exactly "what it says on the label", whereas
> humans are error-prone and sometimes forget to switch from the master
> branch to the gtk3 branch.

Thank you,

so I made two mistakes. I forgot to switch and assumed that development
of the gtk3 port is in sync with the gtk2 version of Claws.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cd /tmp/claws
[rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git describe --abbrev=0 --tags
3.17.0
[rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git rev-parse --short HEAD
f4607b4b6
[rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git checkout gtk3
Switched to branch 'gtk3'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/gtk3'.
[rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git describe --abbrev=0 --tags
3.16.0
[rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git rev-parse --short HEAD
04185a6e4

Regards,
Ralf