[aur-general] On TU application, TU participation and community/ package quality

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:37:44 UTC 2018

Le 27/11/2018 à 16:32, Santiago Torres-Arias via aur-general a écrit :
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 01:29:31PM -0500, Santiago Torres-Arias via aur-general wrote:
>> On TU applications, TU participation and package quality:
>> everythign snipped
> I just wanted to bump this thread.
>
> It appears to me that bumping the minimum number of TU sponsors + a
> buddy system would be the way to go?
>
> Should we move on to formalize this?
>
> Thanks,
> -Santiago.

I like part of Xyne ideas, that finally are just what good common sense
should be:

– The need to know who you sponsor a while before letting them apply;
– The need to advocate for your candidate;
– The need of several sponsors (maybe 2 should be enough if they are
well chosen), but I would say beforehand, in order to have at least 2
reviews of the applicant PKGBUILDs before actually applying. And one of
the sponsors should have been there for at least some years (not sure
what would be a good number, 3, 5?).

Regards,
Bruno