[aur-general] TU application: Daurnimator

Daurnimator quae at daurnimator.com
Wed Nov 28 15:03:33 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm applying to be a Trusted User; Foxboron has kindly sponsored me and has
been mentoring me on the specifics over the last couple of months.

I've been using Arch since 2010, having been present in #archlinux almost the
whole time! Before that I was a Xubuntu user from approximately 2005. Before
that I had flirted with Linux a few times, I think my first exploration of
Linux was of Lindows back in 2001.

With my programming hat on, I mainly use C and Lua, I'm quite heavily involved
in the Lua community. I would like to become a trusted user with the primary
goal of improving Arch's Lua packages.

With my sysadmin hat on, I'm an admin at hashbang.sh, an online
hackerspace/incubator. Amoung other services, we run public shell servers with
a fully open configuration. At $DAYJOB roles I've been responsible for
packaging and deployment on various Linuxes.

With my networking hat on, I maintain a few nodes in Melbourne Wireless, a
city-wide wireless network. This has taught me quite a lot about networking
hardware and given me the chance to play with routing protocols. I also joined
dn42 which is for lack of a better explanation "an internet of VPN tunnels".

If accepted as a TU, I'd like to (co)maintain:

  - lua-expat
  - lua-filesystem
  - luajit
  - luarocks

Other packages I'd be happy to co-maintain are:

  - awesome
  - jq
  - keepassxc
  - love