[aur-general] RFC: PKGBUILD for nixnote2-git [Take 3]

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Oct 7 14:59:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, Oct 07, 2018 at 10:46:56AM -0400, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> On 10/7/18 5:58 AM, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> > That seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure a PKGBUILD should set it.
> > Maybe makepkg even does it by itself?
> Who says it's a good idea? When is it a good idea? How do you know that
> it *should* be enabled in this case? Maybe there's things that depend on
> it being unset? How do you know without doing a thorough review of the
> makepkg codebase?

I wasn't considering that it'd stay enabled for makepkg as a whole.

What I was trying to say is that I consider it a good idea in bash
scripts in general.

> Are you suggesting it would be a good idea for makepkg to do it itself,
> globally? Or just as part of the environment it sets up for
> user-supplied functions?

It might be (either of those). Like you say, hard to judge without
knowing the makepkg code in detail.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)