[aur-general] Critique my pkgbuild

Ethan Rakoff ethan at ethanrakoff.com
Wed Oct 10 13:34:25 UTC 2018

I have submitted a package called threemawebqt to the aur (mostly for
me, and some friends who use arch). It is a VERY simple thin client for
a webapp using Qt. This is my first pkgbuild from scratch (and my first
time working with Qt) so even though it is a super simple one, I would
like some others to look at it and let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Here is the pkgbuild for easy reading:

# Maintainer: Ethan Rakoff <ethan at ethanrakoff.com>

pkgname=threemawebqt
pkgver=0.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Thin client for Threema Web, the web client for Threema, an E2E
encrypted messaging app."
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="https://github.com/ethanrakoff/${pkgname}"
license=('MIT')
depends=('qt5-base' 'qt5-webengine')
makedepends=('make')
source=("git+${url}")
md5sums=('SKIP')

build() {
   cd "${pkgname}/src"

   qmake
   make
}

package() {
   cd "${srcdir}/${pkgname}/src"
   make INSTALL_ROOT="${pkgdir}" install

   install -Dm644 icon.png "${pkgdir}/usr/share/icons/${pkgname}/icon.png"
   install -Dm644 ../threemawebqt.desktop
"${pkgdir}/usr/share/applications/threemawebqt.desktop"
   install -Dm644 ../LICENSE
"${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}/LICENSE"
}