[aur-general] TU Application: Daniel Bermond (dbermond)

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 14 22:16:15 UTC 2018

On 10/14/18 11:35 PM, Daniel Bermond via aur-general wrote:

> I usually don't use pgp on my aur packages because people tend to
> complain a lot about building issues. They fail to handle the keys and
> start complaining to the packager, and this is a big stress. When
> dealing with repository packages this is another story, of course. Since
> this was raised as a main issue, I'll be adding the pgp checks back again.

So let me summarize what you are saying, correct me if im wrong:

You fully know whats all the gizzle with gpg. Instead of acting like a
trustable user who follows best practice and spreads good advice and
helps teaching people about how all this works properly you prefere to
pull the lazy card because its what? big stress? Serious?
I don't even find words to describe how untrustworthy this is to the
community to prefer to remove GPG signatures instead of educating users?

PS: Did you hear of pinned comments?

WOW I'm speechless at best.