[aur-general] How do I show a AUR Rebuild as a newer build?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 21 00:46:04 UTC 2018

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgver

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgrel

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#epoch

> If I need to rebuild a package due to dependancy rebuilds/changes how do
> I mark the new package as newer?
>

> Do I increase the epoch?
>
> Or is there another way?

One of these three descriptions explicitly describes itself as
"differentiate between consecutive builds of the same version of a package"

Rebuilding for a dependency update does, I suppose, qualify as a
consecutive rebuild of the same version of a package. :)

The fact that it then describes a non-exhaustive list of things which
result in consecutive rebuilds (those things being "fixes and additional
features"), should not be taken to mean those are the *only* things.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User