[aur-general] Fwd: Re: How do I show a AUR Rebuild as a newer build?

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 22 15:16:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 16:16:27 +0200, Tinu Weber wrote:
> I guess for the mortals among us, the best/cleanest way is to bump the
> pkgVER (as pointed out by LoneVVolf [2]), and stop attributing any sort
> of semantic meaning (upstream/downstream) to the pkgrel?

… or, well, judging from your response in that thread, probably not ^^"

So I will stick to my poor person's approach of appending dots to
pkgrels, and nobody¹ will stop me, muahahah!

(but I *do* retract the suggestion I made earlier to other people to do
the same - apologies)

Have a nice day!
--Tinu

___