[aur-general] TU Application - Konstantin Gizdov

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 26 17:42:06 UTC 2018

On 10/26/18 12:29 PM, Konstantin Gizdov wrote:
>> 3) Tell bald faced lies about how things transpired on the bug tracker.
> I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. In the many emails I wrote that
> evening, I got confused about one bug being closed, where it wasn't. You
> tried to call me out for lying and my whole point being wrong, but later
> **you yourself sent a follow up email to correct your own statement**. I
> acknowledged my mistake on the spot. Surely, we can agree all of us make
> mistakes. **In no way or form was I telling bald faced lies.**

Are you referring to this correction right here?
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2018-September/034288.html

By using my privileged power of reading comprehension, I've uncovered
the astonishing fact that he "corrected" his statement by fixing the
sentence fragment "was was never denied" to "one was never denied".

(He also expounded on his previous point by providing additional
information which his first post never touched on at all.)

I'm not sure what subtle point you're trying to make here about
"everyone makes mistakes", but when you come to the mailing list
spreading assumptions and false information, and someone else corrects
their own typo, then you're not even comparing similar concepts, so you
should probably look for different proofs.

Also it reeks of you trying to inflate someone else's mistake in order
to make yours look less bad, because your reference here is, while
"technically" not false, nevertheless designed to make readers *think*
that Doug retracted something he said about you, rather than correcting
a nonsensical typo that could very well have come from autocorrect.

And, your false claims about how the bugtracker is being handled is
indeed something that could use help in looking less bad.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User