[aur-general] Code of conduct (Was: TU Application - Konstantin Gizdov)

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sun Oct 28 20:33:07 UTC 2018

On 28-10-18, Daniel M. Capella wrote:
> On October 28, 2018 2:42:31 PM EDT, Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> >On 28-10-18, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> >> (endless rambling)
> >
> >Can we please stop this futile bike-shedding exercise?  It does little
> >outside of discrediting you and the Arch community as a whole.
> >
> >I already said so in previous discussions, but I am still dismayed at
> >your
> >and Doug's tendency to aggressively gang up on anybody crossing your
> >way,
> >assuming from the start that they are lying bastards with devious
> >motives,
> >without ever questioning your own assumptions or actions.  You
> >desperately
> >want to always be right and to always have the final word, but I'm
> >sorry
> >to say that life does not work this way.
> >
> >Regarding the TU application itself, the discussion period is nearly
> >over.
> >Since the bylaws mention that the period lasts 14 "full days", I will
> >open
> >the vote tomorrow morning.
> >
> >Baptiste
>
> It's upsetting and embarrassing that the only staffer to stand against this behavior directly in the ML is the applicant's sponsor. This disrespectful behavior occurs all the time. Can we enforce our Code of Conduct or is it just for show?

Thank you Daniel -- I actually discover that we *do* have a code of
conduct, this is good news:

  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct#Code_of_conduct

It seems to me that these three rules in particular are relevant in this
case and were not respected: "Respect other users", "Do not flame" and "Be
responsible".

Baptiste