[aur-general] TU Application - Konstantin Gizdov

Santiago Torres-Arias santiago at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 28 22:42:09 UTC 2018

Hello everyone.

I've been following this email thread quite closely and without
participating as I was hoping to keep opinions to myself --- I don't
think I have much questions other than what's already asked for
Konstantin --- and make up my mind for voting.

It's clear that it is time to take a step back and stop fanning the
flames. We are all passionate people, and sometimes this passion leads
us to the type of arguments we are having right now. I agree with Eli,
this is not a toy operating system and there are things at stake.
However, I'm completely convinced that no ill intention is coming from
everyone involved, and that, if we consider this optic, it's clear that
this is just a non-technical quarrel that should've been shelved a while
ago.

Personally, I think this is a good opportunity to tone it down for a
second, leave the 10+ emails behind us and try to go back to the things
that make this community friendly and welcoming.

Baptiste, Konstantin, Eli, and Doug. Please take a deep breath and
extend a friendly handshake. I'm sure everyone else following this
exchnage thinks this is the reasonable way to move forward.

-Santiago.