[aur-general] Questions about some of my packages being adopted in [community]

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Sun Sep 30 20:16:50 UTC 2018

> It was not denied to reopen. It was reopened as soon as you asked for
> the first time.

Yes, by you after I send this email, unless I am mistaken.

The third bug was never reopened, by Filipe or anyone else, since it was
> never closed to begin with.

Sure, had it wrong in memory. Emails check out.

That's fine, and you are cordially invited to engage in dialogue to
> suggest things to the Devs/TUs. I don't see how this is particularly
> special just because you once maintained them in the AUR either -- you
> can submit feature requests, or directly email the maintainer for a
> lengthy chat, for *any* package. Many of us are also on IRC, and can be
> reached in realtime.

I'd have to say ROOT is unlike your regular software. I was preempting what
proved to be the case and not really too worried about the small python
packages and the smallest lib.

> Anyway, I get that not everyone truly understands how PKGBUILDs work and
> sometimes fall prey to terrible examples (though really, you're saying a
> community package did this??? which one, I don't think I've seen that
> before). Maybe I was too harsh there.

I was referring to an email exchange that happened 13-16 Oct on this list
(you included) about me using python-scikit-learn as template and then
people said there were major problems. I went and checked my emails this
time to be very correct. But I think the `build_*()` thing maybe came from
another package as commits don't match. But it's a long time ago and don't
remember everything.

On the other hand, this email
> thread did not predispose me to being especially generous, what with its
> accusations about how we close bugs and don't care about your input even
> though this is patently untrue.

Well, I wasn't trying to be confrontational. I felt I was being shunned and
tried to be explicit in why I'm writing the email and what bothered me.
Sorry, if someone was offended.

It essentially boils down to:
> - find an existing TU who is willing to advocate on your behalf by
>   sponsoring you"

I've had a look at that list before and did again just now. I don't know
any TUs personally and beyond asking here if someone is willing to sponsor
me, I don't know what else to do.

Regards,
Konstantin