[aur-general] Hamster-time-tracker in the AUR (Was: Spring cleaning)

Santiago Torres-Arias santiago at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 3 16:12:57 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 01:29:31PM +0100, SanskritFritz wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 5:27 PM Santiago Torres-Arias via aur-general
> <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > hamster-time-tracker - Time tracking application that helps you to keep
> > Just a word of warning. I tried to adopt hamster-time-tracking and it
> > was more pain than what it was really worth...
>
> I love this application, so I adopted it in the AUR. Can you please
> tell me about the hardships you encountered so I will be able to
> maintain it?

Hi,

Sorry I meant to reply earlier about this.

The big issue that I found with it is that it has a new-rewrite branch
(old releases won't happen anymore). The re-write branch is py3 only,
yet, since they are using waf, they require just python2 to make it.
This is kinda messy to keep the namespaces between python
implementations for build and then run since they haven't even done so
in the shebangs...

This is from the top of my head, so I could be wrong.

Cheers!
-Santiago