[aur-general] Spammers in AUR user comments

Daniel M. Capella polyzen at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 6 03:38:34 UTC 2019

On April 5, 2019 7:54:44 AM EDT, NicoHood <archlinux at nicohood.de> wrote:
>Hello,
>lately i have noticed an increased percentage of spam comments in the
>AUR. Especially for the spotify package there were 4 accounts I had to
>block within a few weeks. Have you been able to make similar
>observations with your packages or is this an exception? Should and how
>can we better protect ourselves from spam comments?
>
>~Nico

Well, it would make sense that you'd notice that after becoming the co-maintainer for the 2nd-most popular AUR package. :P None of my packages have gotten spam. I've only recently become a TU, so I may just not have noticed the general trend, but it feels like there has been an increase.

--
Best,
Daniel (dmc/polyzen)