[aur-general] kodi-devel-bin

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 12 18:09:00 UTC 2019

On 8/10/19 4:42 AM, Paul M. Finkelshteyn via aur-general wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It looks like to me that all kodi-devel packages are named wrong. For
> example kodi-devel-bin isn't binary package.
>
> Is there some way to force renaming it?

Yes, the first step is to talk to the maintainer of the package. Have
you left a comment on the AUR package details asking politely if they
think it is a good idea to rename it, or did you first come to the
mailing list asking if it can be "forced"?

Nope, no comment on the package details.

Please discuss this with the package maintainer, and hopefully it can be
resolved amicably. :)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User