[aur-general] Deletion request for ipython

Antonio Rojas arojas at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 29 22:50:42 UTC 2019

> Hi Antonio, hi community
>
> You've requested deletion of ipython-7 package, mainaned by me with 2
> comments:
>
> 1. Duplicate of python-prompt_toolkit
> 2. absurd commit messages

You mean I've requested deletion of ipython-7 as a duplicate of ipython,
and of python-prompt_toolkit-2 as a duplicate of python-prompt_tolkit

> 1. Yes, it's duplicate, but it wasn't at a time of publishing. I'll
> tell you more: community was long behind AUR at that moment because it
> needs more time to go from upstream to community and less time from
> upstream to AUR.

Regardless of the original situation - they are now clear duplicates.

> 2. Comments are absolutely random, but… I just think that when there
> are no important changes in repository, just version bumps then no
> comment can make sense. Of course I'm absolutely ready to rewrite
> history to make them just normal boring comments.

No matter how unimportant or boring they may seem to you, relevant commit
messages are fundamental for any kind of serious public repository. Using
such random, facetious commit messages is unacceptable. In any case, that's
not the main reason for the deletion request.