[aur-general] Deletion request for ipython

pavel.finkelshtein at gmail.com pavel.finkelshtein at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 06:57:24 UTC 2019

--
Regrads,
Pasha

On Thu, 2019-08-29 at 22:09 -0400, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> On 8/29/19 5:35 AM, asm0dey via aur-general wrote:
> > 2. Comments are absolutely random, but… I just think that when
> > there
> > are no important changes in repository, just version bumps then no
> > comment can make sense. Of course I'm absolutely ready to rewrite
> > history to make them just normal boring comments.
>
> So relay that relevant information.
>
> git commit -m 'upstream release'
>
> (
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/aurpublish/
>  will even
> cleverly insert this exact commit message for you, if it detects a
> pkgver bump.)
>
> Instead of using commit messages which relay the message "I consider
> both myself and my packages to be a laughingstock, useful only for
> providing demented humor by way of insulting my own intelligence".

> Do you even realize that site is *satire*?

Of course I do ☺ You know it's even a bit offensive to think about your
partner that he is *such* dumb.

> Your claim that there is "just version bumps" is factually incorrect:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/PKGBUILD?h=ipython-7&id=42c1ff5d25a9ddc034154b5651483076658b6ec5

Which is still version bump with added dependency. I wouldn't need to
change pkgrel if I would add this dependency along with version bump.

Anyways I accept your critics and going to rewrite history of my
packages.