[aur-general] Handling coincidental name collisions

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sat Feb 9 13:49:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-09 14:36 +0100
alad via aur-general wrote:

>The "original" lsf looks like a joke/troll package to me, rather than
>"trivial". I'd have deleted it even without community duplicate.
>
>Alad

To me it just looks like the package of someone discovering bash programming
with ANSI escape codes and wanting to share. The fact that it's on github with
a README.md and a preview is an argument against it being a joke/troll.

Please explain why you feel differently and why such packages should be removed
from the AUR. What exactly are your criteria for allowing a package to remain?

The discussion is important because we need to have a general consensus on
deletion criteria. Rogue TUs can't be allowed to roam the AUR deleting whatever
they personally don't find useful on a given day.

Xyne