[aur-general] Handling coincidental name collisions

Maksim Fomin maxim at fomin.one
Sat Feb 9 16:31:14 UTC 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 1:49 PM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> On 2019-02-09 14:36 +0100
> alad via aur-general wrote:
>
> > The "original" lsf looks like a joke/troll package to me, rather than
> > "trivial". I'd have deleted it even without community duplicate.
> > Alad
>
> To me it just looks like the package of someone discovering bash programming
> with ANSI escape codes and wanting to share. The fact that it's on github with
> a README.md and a preview is an argument against it being a joke/troll.

For me, your program is not far from discovering bash programming.
The fact that it has github page and README.md tells nothing. Having those does not mean such software can be uploaded to AUR.

Try to look objectively. You have discussed this issue in the mailing list and at forum and it seems nobody finds your package useful.