[aur-general] Trusted user application: Drew DeVault

Drew DeVault sir at cmpwn.com
Thu Feb 28 03:47:59 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-27 10:42 PM, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> I guess the difference between PyPI and Github sources could be
> clarified, but really I'd much rather upstreams would get in the habit
> of using a MANIFEST.in which ensured the license and testsuite was
> correctly included in the source dist.

This is the main bit that I feel can be clarified. The wiki page today
is written like there's One True Way to specify sources=() for a Python
package, and that way has some serious defects (lack of tests, license
file, etc) - to the point where if you can get the package another way,
you probably should.