[aur-general] Trusted user application: Drew DeVault

Josef Miegl josef at miegl.cz
Thu Feb 28 11:50:48 UTC 2019

Hello Drew,
I am a fan of your work on Sway and wlroots, but some of your statements left me pretty disappointed.

>For the AUR I don't keep up with upstream releases, I just wait for
>someone to mark the package as outdated. For Alpine Linux I use a
>combination of subscribing to the upstream -announce mailing list and
>subscribing to GitHub releases as appropriate; would do something
>similar for Arch Linux community.

Although I don't have high expectations when dealing with AUR packages, it is absolutely the maintainers job to keep track of upstream updates. This mindset is probably the reason why there is so much out of date stuff on the AUR. It strikes me that a maintainer who doesn't keep track of his own packages wants to become a TU.

J. Miegl