[aur-general] Legal question - Arch Linux trademark on goodies - Transparency

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 9 14:24:33 UTC 2019

Im unsure why this was posted to aur-general and not arch-general? Probably
wrong ML.

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 03:16:09PM +0100, William Gathoye wrote:
> When someone is donating money to the project, who is receiving it? How
> can we have transparency about the IN/OUT of the treasury (server cost?
> etc.). What is the legal structure behind Arch Linux? Are we a
> foundation like The Document Foundation?

Economy is handled by SPI and can be viewed in the annual reports they publish.
https://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/annual-reports/

And treasury reports:
https://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/reports/201712/

I don't find anything for 2018 yet. But I assume that will be published soon.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16