[aur-general] TU application_R: Metal A-wing (a-wing)

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 9 17:10:59 UTC 2019

First of all, your email client has broken the email thread. ;)

On 1/9/19 11:20 AM, Metal A-wing wrote:
> Oh. yes

https://github.com/archlinux/archweb/ and
https://git.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/about/ (both are python, not ruby)

But these are community projects that can be contributed to even without
becoming a Trusted User.

>>   * [ ] depends: single quotes missing
> ??? What ?

This is a style preference and therefore subjective.

>>   * [ ] source_x86_64: should be source, don't upload binary data to the
>>     AUR,
> About source binary. Improve the build speed of AUR, Reduce makedependence
> The result of the build is the same

Okay, this is a big issue. And it's not enough to say that you'll do
better in the official repos. This is a -bin package, plain and simple,
and users have an expectation that software is built from a vetted
source, not repackaged as some shady prebuilt binary. The AUR is not an
exception to this.

You cannot just say "Oh I've personally tested it and it's the same
byte-for-byte identical result, I promise". That's the exact opposite of
vetting software, and I doubt you're verifying it in private on every
single release when your CI bot rebuilds the package.

https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo/commit/4182ad8ba05c9f6aa1944fb17b07f07fbc18ced9

This package shows and continues to show a lack of understanding about
what it means to be a Trusted User. And honestly it shows a lack of
understanding about what it means to be a community member with an AUR
account. You received a review that the package should build from source
and instead you change from source_x86_64=() to source=() and set the
package as an arch=('any') package even though it contains:

dbus.node: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked,
BuildID[sha1]=b641f5b2dd3faa26e9620add7eaf60b9a75d5a7a, not stripped

You neither understood the message that David was telling you, nor
bothered to check how your package worked when modifying it. Now your
package is more broken than it was yesterday, and you still haven't
fixed the main issue.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User