[aur-general] pushing new package to aur fails

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 20 20:48:46 UTC 2019

On 1/20/19 3:40 PM, therojam wrote:
> Hello
>
> i am trying to push a new package to our, but it fails.
>
> this is what i get while trying to push
> ##
> git push --set-upstream aur master
> Enumerating objects: 18, done.
> Counting objects: 100% (18/18), done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads
> Compressing objects: 100% (13/13), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (18/18), 2.60 KiB | 2.60 MiB/s, done.
> Total 18 (delta 3), reused 15 (delta 3)
> remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
> remote:   File "hooks/update", line 11, in <module>
> remote:     load_entry_point('aurweb==4.7.0', 'console_scripts',
> 'aurweb-git-update')()
> remote:   File
> "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aurweb-4.7.0-py3.7.egg/aurweb/git/update.py",
> line 306, in main
> remote: KeyError: 'pkgbase'
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To ssh://aur.archlinux.org/yubikey-full-disk-encryption.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/yubikey-full-disk-encryption.git'
> ##
> if sombody want to see the PKGBUILD its hosted at github ->
> https://github.com/TheRojam/AUR-yubikey-full-disk-encryption
>
> may smb can help me.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Publishing_new_package_content

You must have the PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO available in every commit -- you
are not permitted to first commit a README and only afterwards add the
actual AUR contents.

This is irrespective of what the latest commit is when you first push.

Copy the PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO into a new directory, git add *both* of
them along with any other files that are part of the package, and commit
them as your first commit.

BTW the AUR does not use READMEs, it is obvious from the AUR that it is
an AUR package and the pkgdesc field will already tell users on the AUR
package details page, where to find the base project. So I'd just not
bother with the README.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User