[aur-general] Purge of packages orphaned, out-of-date, and last updated before 2017

Alad Wenter alad at archlinux.org
Sat Jan 26 07:01:46 UTC 2019

Not too long after I became TU I deleted something of ~2000 packages, based on similar "criteria" and after seeing no "objections" on IRC after a while. After the deed was done I got emails, angry shouting on IRC and complaints for the following 6 months on BBS and other places.

If you want to make the same mistake as me, you're welcome to. I'll gladly console you afterward with an "I told you so".

tl;dr use requests like everyone else, or patch aurweb to have "batch requests"

--
Alad Wenter <alad at archlinux.org>