[aur-general] Purge of packages orphaned, out-of-date, and last updated before 2017

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 27 15:16:36 UTC 2019

On 1/27/19 7:20 AM, Christian Rebischke via aur-general wrote:
[...]
> nor are they unused only because they are orphaned.
>
> I prefer having a big archive of orphaned packages with the chance that
> somebody adopts the package and finds a PKGBUILD as base to work on.

I agree.

> Or are there some problems I am missing? like for example disk space on
> our AUR server?

But this cannot be it, if only because deleting packages does not gain
us disk space. The AUR takes up 1.8 GB with all the packages it
contains, and deleting packages does not delete any content, it merely
delists it and drops the data from the mysql database (I'm unsure how
much space that takes up, but most likely less even than a series of
revisions in a git repository).

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User