[aur-general] Change a base group to a simple group.

Aniket Pradhan aniket17133 at iiitd.ac.in
Fri May 24 10:05:25 UTC 2019

Hello everyone.

Just before I start, I am *NOT* referring to the base group in the main
repos.

I just adopted adwaita-qt[1] AUR package. It is a base-group which contains
two sub-packages adwaita-qt4, and adwaita-qt5. Since, it is a base package,
they share a common PKGBUILD, because of which adwaita-qt5's installation
requires qt4 and vice-versa as well.

I would like to split up this base-group and just make a regular group
(KISS Principle) so that there's two separate PKGBUILDs and and resolve any
issues as above. How can I achieve this? My every search leads me to the
base group in the main repos, hence I had to come here.

Moreover, what do you feel which method (one base-package or a regular
group) would be suitable for such package? The only difference I can see is
the dependency of qt4 and qt5.

[1] = https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/adwaita-qt5/

--
Thanks