[aur-general] Change a base group to a simple group.

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Fri May 24 10:40:11 UTC 2019

On 24-05-2019 12:31, Jagannathan Tiruvallur Eachambadi via aur-general
wrote:
> On 24-05-19 15:35:25 +0530, Aniket Pradhan wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> Just before I start, I am *NOT* referring to the base group in the main
>> repos.
>>
>> I just adopted adwaita-qt[1] AUR package. It is a base-group which
>> contains
>> two sub-packages adwaita-qt4, and adwaita-qt5. Since, it is a base
>> package,
>> they share a common PKGBUILD, because of which adwaita-qt5's
>> installation
>> requires qt4 and vice-versa as well.
> I would drop the qt4 package or at least make a separate package. Qt4
> packages have currently been switched to Qt5 snapshots or being
> dropped in the official repositories so Qt4 is not even installable
> without compiling it from the AUR.

Anikhet,

it looks like you should have searched for pkgbase in arch wiki.

Check https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgbase and follow
the links to understand what kind of package adwaita-qt is.

I suggest you split into two separate packages, adwaita-qt5 and
adwaita-qt4 or just adwaita-qt5 .

Post a fixed comment on the adwaita-qt aur page that you're separating them.

Wait a few weeks to give people the chance to switch , then submit  a
deletion request for adwaita-qt .

Lone_Wolf