[aur-general] Transition from split package to unsplit package

Georg g.schlisio at dukun.de
Wed Nov 27 15:13:18 UTC 2019

27.11.2019 15:56, Eli Schwartz via aur-general:
> I'm not sure I understand the question.
> […]

Thank you for your detailed explanation, which I think answered my
question at least in part.
I am not so much concerned about the official repos, but asking as an
AUR maintainer (hence the post to aur-general).
So, IIUC from a split package maintainer perspective there are two
cases:

1) pkgbase matches new package name (e.g. python3 version of library)
One simply drops the python2 part of the packages and reuploads.

2) pkgbase matches old package name (e.g. python2 version of library) or
pkgbase matches neither package name
One drops python3 part of package, reuploads a new python3 version and
files a merge request.

Background of my question was basically if the AUR reserves package
names from split packages and prevents uploading to them even after the
containing split PKGBUILD is gone. I understand your answer as a no.

Thanks!
Georg