[aur-general] Doubt conflict array & request check PKGBUILDS

Iyán Méndez Veiga me at iyanmv.com
Mon Oct 28 07:49:43 UTC 2019

El lunes, 28 de octubre de 2019 0:33:37 (CET) Eli Schwartz via aur-general
escribió:
> No, you're entirely correct. My apologies. I guess I forgot that qt5
> uses an unversioned install path whereas qt4 uses a versioned one -- on
> the other hand, in self defense, qt4 doesn't exist in the official repos
> anymore, so why should I concern myself with it or remember what it does? :D

Hehehe true ;)

> That being so, I think it would be fine to name it either adwaita-qt or
> adwaita-qt5, but I still don't quite see the purpose in conflicting
> against an alternative package name that should not exist. adwaita-qt4
> can be its own unrelated package, I suppose.

So what I did is just remove provide and conflict arrays from adwaita-qt4. In
that way, adwaita-qt4 provides adwaita-qt4, and adwaita-qt provides both
adwaita-qt and adwaita-qt5. I hope is fine this way.

Thanks again,
Iyán