[aur-general] aur client

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:09:21 UTC 2019

Eli Schwartz:
> This "SMED" thing seems to suggest that the most important thing for the
> consumer industry is fast labor to produce (cookie-cutter?) products
> more efficiently.

Actually SMED was also invented as a quality control mechanism.

The idea is that when changing things is fast, it encourages people to
correct mistakes as they are discovered.

Eli Schwartz:
> Uploads require a social contract of responsibility, that responsibility
> being "I believe I have to the best of my abilities tried to avoid
> uploading actual literal 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩" as well as "the package
> actually successfully builds on my machine"?

The process that "aur" defines is populated with mistake proofed
mechanisms (aka poka joke <https://www.google.com/search?q=poka+joke>).
Since most error detection is standardized in code, not on manual
operation, it cannot be overlooked.

Plus "aur pack" eases testing the package before uploading. Then any
mistake will be exposed.

Eli Schwartz:
> (Note it also uses badly escaped messages and eval, resulting in
> incorrect commit messages for things that contain, say, quotes.)

Provide a sample where that happens, and I will consider a solution.

Eli Schwartz:
> let's not have
> another of your mailing list threads where you claim everyone who
> disagrees with you is being "not constructive"

Any feedback which real intention is to help improving is welcome.

Alberto <https://es20490446e.wordpress.com>