[aur-general] aur client

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 29 17:39:34 UTC 2019

On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 at 11:20:27, Alberto Salvia Novella via aur-general wrote:
> That would make sense if the package was misleading, but "aur" is an aur
> client for publishing to the AUR. It couldn't have clearer naming.

There are other reasons you might not want to use this name.

One is conflicts with other popular programs (you want your program to
be co-installable alongside other packages).

Another one is that we'd prefer you to not use a name that sounds very
official for a very unofficial project. We decided to add "aur" to our
blacklist. Feel free to reupload your package under another name.