[aur-general] [PRQ#16499] Deletion Request for aur-git

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 31 03:19:32 UTC 2019

Em outubro 30, 2019 17:38 Alberto Salvia Novella via aur-general escreveu:
> AUR:
>> Alad deleted aur-git:
>>
>> Why are you submitting this again after agreeing that a name change is
>> in order?
>
> That was the original package which was there before the discussion, and
> only one day has passed.
>
> I haven't had time that fast for thinking a new name and requesting a
> change, which I was planning to do this very week.
>
> I suggest that you make standard in Arch waiting a couple of days for
> feedback before making unilateral decisions.

Today we had a discussion and we have decided to blacklist the aur (and -git)
namespace, as well as, preemptive, blacklist aurweb and it's -git counterpart.

The reason being it might lead to user confusion, one because it's the name
of the actual repository, and the other being the name of the actual project.

That goes without saying that there's a blacklist of packages that already are
on the official repositories.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini